|Watkiss launches three new laminating machines
Watkiss Automation Sales Ltd, the UK distributor for Italian finishing equipment manufacture Mamo, has announced the launch of three new hot and cold laminating machines.
The three reel laminators, which feature the same technology but are different sizes, are the Plasti 330, Plasti 635 and Plasti 1100. They are designed to be used both with hot and cold films and either for single or double side lamination, making them both flexible and versatile.
Paul Attew, Watkiss Sales Director says “We know many of our customers need to offer lamination as part of their print finishing portfolio and these machines are well specified and offer tremendous value for money. With three different sizes available, they are a valuable tool in any print environment where there is a need to laminate short to medium runs length of either digital or litho printed stocks. “
Key features include:
• Perfectly flat single side lamination is ensured by an adjustable anti-curling device.
• Extra-large 1000mt film rolls can be installed on the upper support for higher laminating volume and time optimisation.
• Independent heating control of the lower roll for single side lamination.
• Simple and intuitive control panel requires no training and gives access to all working options.
• The combination of microprocessor controlled heated front rollers with cold exit rollers improves lamination quality.
The largest model, the Plasti 1100 laminator, is especially versatile. It can easily be used as a panel mounting machine thanks to a maximum working thickness of 8mm, and it can also be used for professional cold laminating due to its rolling-up kit for the backing material, which results in faster operation.